Mini Egg Skillet Cookie – A delicious cookie that’s crispy on the edges, soft and chewy in the middle, and filled with Mini Eggs. Perfect for your Easter celebration!
I’ve fallen in love with my cast iron skillet.
After wanting one for ages, I finally bought one in the fall when I saw they were on sale while grocery shopping. 50% off, yes please!
Since then I’ve made a number of dinners with it. I especially like using it for steaks during the winter, when the barbecue was buried under the pile of snow we got here in Winnipeg.
This was the first dessert I’ve made in it and it definitely won’t be the last. This skillet cookie is GOOD.
More than good. It may be the best cookie I’ve ever had (even if it is not your traditional cookie). Chewy in the middle with nice crispy edges and of course CHOCOLATE. It is everything I want in a cookie.
Even better is that I’ve “Easter-fied” this recipe with the addition of Mini Eggs (Eggies can also work). Who else loves Easter candy?! I think Creme Eggs have got to be one of my favourites, and I love the chocolate bunnies with rice crispies in them; however, you can never go wrong with Mini Eggs or Eggies! They’re like chocolate chips but bigger and with the little bit of crunch from the candy coating. Speaking of chocolate chips, you can actually make this skillet cookie any time of year and just use chocolate chips in place of the Mini Eggs. It’ll still be amazing.
One thing I noticed was that if you try to cut and serve this hot out of the oven it may fall apart a bit. Still tastes awesome, but if you want the presentation to look nice I suggest letting it cool a bit first.
Serve this with a nice tall glass of milk and you’ve got yourself a scrumptious treat. Or if you really want to indulge, try it served warm with Oreo ice cream. COOKIES ON COOKIES. So good. Do it!
If you try this Mini Egg Skillet Cookie recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and share photos on Instagram using the hashtag #zestandsimmer. I’d love to see it!
Now who wants a slice?
Mini Egg Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup Mini Eggs (Eggies will also work)
- Optional: a few extra Mini Eggs for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease ovenproof skillet and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- In another mixing bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch.
- Slowly add dry ingredient mixture to wet ingredients, mixing at low speed (I did mine in thirds). The batter will be pretty thick and smooth, but not dry and crumbly.
- Crush Mini Eggs by putting in a zip lock bag and pressing/rolling down with a rolling pin. Add into cookie dough and mix at low speed until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Transfer dough into prepared skillet, making sure it is evenly spread. If you like you can place extra (uncrushed) Mini Eggs around the top at this point.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. If you like a crispier cookie you can increase the cooking time to 40 minutes, but keep an eye on it so that it doesn't burn.
- Cool for at least 15-20 minutes or it may crumble when lifting out of the skillet. Slice into triangles (like a cake or pie) for larger servings or cut into squares. Serve on its own or with a scoop of ice cream!