Cranberry Bacon Brie Pinwheels – flaky, buttery puff pastry pinwheels with a cheesy, savory filling with a hint of sweetness are an easy appetizer recipe to have on hand for the holidays!
The countdown is well and truly on, folks! Only thirteen more days until Christmas! These days are going to fly by and before you know it, Santa Claus will have visited.
As of last night I have completed all my Christmas shopping! Not that I had tons to do (which is good for my wallet), but still – it’s nice to get it done. Now I just need to wrap the presents and place them under my tree.
Also, as of tonight I have done pretty much all the Christmas baking I had planned to do! I’m feeling good about this, because to be honest, while I have started to love baking it was getting to be a little bit much.
I may have a sweet tooth, but a girl just can’t live off sugar, y’know?
She needs cheese too. Brie cheese especially. Which leads me to these cranberry bacon brie pinwheels…
These pinwheels need to come with a warning. The warning being that they are addictive. You will not be able to stop eating them.
At least, I wasn’t able to stop eating them.
These are totally my new favourite. I just love the combination of cranberry, bacon and brie and then when you add the flaky, buttery puff pastry into that mix? Heaven.
Really, I think these need to be included at every holiday gathering going forward. They have that decadence this time of year just calls for, they look fancy but really are pretty simple to make.
Normally I am one of those people that needs cooked food to be served hot. Like, no cold pizza for me. Sorry, that is just gross. Not happening.
But these cranberry bacon brie pinwheels? I still loved them when they cooled off to room temperature! So that truly must mean these are amazing.
When it comes to this time of year, it’s nice to have an easy appetizer recipe on hand. Things just get so hectic at times, and when you have a half dozen or more events to go to you don’t want to be spending hours in the kitchen each time. While these pinwheels may be easy to make, they look really elegant and like you really put some thought and effort into it.
No one has to know how simple it truly was. Let them all think you are a kitchen wizard!
Enjoy the next almost two weeks which are sure to be a whirlwind! Now, off to go wrap some presents!
If you make these Cranberry Bacon Brie Pinwheels please let me know! You can leave a comment below, rate it, post on the Zest & Simmer Facebook page or share photos on Instagram using the hashtag #zestandsimmer. I’d love to see it and I am always thrilled to hear from you!
Pin it for later!
Cranberry Bacon Brie Pinwheels
- 1 sheet puff pastry , thawed
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce
- 8 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/2` cup brie , finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface. Spread cranberry sauce all over evenly, then the brie, then bacon crumbles.
- Tightly roll puff pastry, starting at one of the long ends. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove puff pastry from freezer. Using a serrated knife, slice 1/2 inch thick slices and place cut side down on prepared baking tray.
- Beat together the egg and water to make an egg wash, and brush over pinwheels.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!