One Skillet Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken – creamy, zesty and peppery, this chicken dinner recipe is perfect for an easy-to-make romantic dinner or weeknight meal. Perfect served over mashed potatoes or rice with steamed vegetables on the side!
Let me start out with a warning: this chicken is addictive!
You know a recipe is good when you eat it for both lunch and dinner on the same day. I’d even eat it again right now, that’s just how good it is! Let me tell you, there was no a drop left of the sauce in the pan – I spooned every little bit of it up, and still wanted more.
This creamy lemon pepper chicken is absolute perfection, and is literally perfect for any time.
Need an easy weeknight meal that doesn’t create too many dishes? Make this chicken.
How about a romantic dinner for two (such as upcoming Valentine’s Day!)? This chicken is what you want.
Cold weather, hot weather – this chicken is perfect any time of year.
It’s definitely going into my regular dinner rotation.
I am so in love with how this creamy lemon pepper turned out! Juicy, tender, packed with flavour and easy to make, it checks all the boxes. The sauce is absolutely to die for, and don’t worry, this recipe makes plenty of sauce. Personally I dislike it when there isn’t enough sauce because it is often the best part! So when I created this I made sure there would be all the sauce my heart would desire. It being a pan sauce makes it oh so simple, and you only need the one skillet to whip this up for dinner.
There’s no crazy ingredients in this recipe. In fact, most of them you will already have in your fridge and pantry, except for maybe the lemon pepper seasoning. Trust me though, lemon pepper seasoning is a good one to add to your spice rack as it goes great with a wide variety of dishes! It works well with fish, chicken, and vegetables especially. This zesty and peppery seasoning has become a new pantry staple for me.
To keep things simple, you will want some easy sides to go along with this. Serve the chicken up over some mashed potatoes to soak up all the saucy goodness. Rice could be a good option as well. With some healthy steamed veggies like broccoli on the side, you’ve got yourself one heck of a fabulous meal!
Bottom line is, you need this recipe in your life. It’s no boring chicken dinner, that’s for sure!
If you make this one skillet creamy lemon pepper chicken please let me know! You can leave a comment below, rate it, post on the Zest & Simmer Facebook page or share photos on Instagram using the hashtag #zestandsimmer. I’d love to see it and I am always thrilled to hear from you!
Pin it for later!
One Skillet Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts , sliced in half horizontally into equal pieces
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 shallots , finely diced
- 5 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- chopped parsley and lemon slices for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- After slicing each chicken breast horizontally into to equal pieces, season each side with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Heat canola oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the chicken and brown on both sides for 3-4 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside. Don't worry if it is not cooked all the way through as it will continue to cook in the oven after.
- Stir together the chicken broth, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Reduce the heat to low, and add shallot, garlic and chicken broth mix into skillet, scraping the bottom of the pan to loose the brown bits. Turn the heat back up to medium and allow to simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Add butter into skillet and whisk into sauce as it melts. Then whisk in the flour until combined, and remove from heat. Whisk in the heavy creamy until sauce is fully combined. Add chicken back into the skillet, spooning sauce over top of it.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Top with chopped parsley and lemon slices. Serve hot over mashed potatoes or rice.