Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
Stuffed full of chicken, white beans and corn these cheese and salsa verde covered enchiladas makes for a delicious Mexican dinner!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 8 enchiladas
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded
- 1 540 ml (19 oz) can white kidney beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 12 341 ml (12 oz) can corn
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chilies
- 3 cups salsa verde (tomatillo salsa), separated
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large wheat or corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional: fresh cilantro and green onions for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Heat a large pan on medium heat. In the pan, mix together chicken, beans, corn, and chilies, sauteing for 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of salsa verde and cheddar, mixing thoroughly until cheese has melted.Remove from heat.
In the bottom of a 13"x9" baking dish, add 1 cup of the salsa verde, spreading evenly.
Place the chicken filling on the tortilla lengthwise and roll up, placing in the baking dish. It works best if you place them 'seam' side down so that they hold together better. Repeat for remaining tortillas.
Pour remaining cup of salsa over the enchiladas and then top with the Monterey Jack cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling. If your oven runs hot, you may want to check it at 15 minutes so that you don't overcook it.
Remove, let cool slightly before garnishing with cilantro and green onions. Serve, and enjoy!