Easy Cheesy Black Bean Dip – this easy to throw together appetizer is perfect for game day or any party! With only 5 simple ingredients this cheesy hot bean dip is incredibly delicious and fantastic served with a cold beer!
So apparently its sports watching season or something. At least, that’s what I hear. I’ll be honest, I have never been very into watching sports on the TV. Usually because as it is I can’t just sit and watch TV, I need to be doing something like painting my nails, scrolling through Instagram or Pinterest, playing a game on my phone, or eating. I have trouble just sitting there and staring. So unfortunately, this means I am horrible at watching sports – I end up missing things since I am not looking directly at the screen the entire time. Also, sorry not sorry, but I just can’t get into it.
However, that’s not to say I don’t enjoy sports. When I’ve gone to watch live hockey games for example, that a heck of a lot more fun. And I did cheer on the Winnipeg Jets when they were in the playoffs (#winnipegwhiteout)!
Now, if there is food involved I’ll be a lot more motivated to come watch a game with you. Especially when that food is a bit more than just a bag of chips. Something like this easy cheesy black bean dip for example.
There are many things I love about this bean dip:
- It’s easy. Throw together the 5 simple ingredients, bake for 25-30 minutes and you have yourself an awesome appetizer.
- It’s customizable. Like spice? Use a hotter salsa. If you need it more on the mild side, pick a less spicy salsa. Whichever salsa is your fave would be amazing in here.
- It’s a crowd pleaser. Everyone seems to love this dip!
- You can prepare it ahead of time. Prep the dip and keep it covered in the fridge until you are ready to bake it. Remove from the fridge while the oven is preheating so that the dip can come closer to room temperature before cooking.
- It makes great leftovers. Simply reheat in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted. You can also microwave it for a short time for a quick snack. Eat again with tortilla chips, add it to toast, throw it in a burrito – there are lots of ways to enjoy these leftovers!
This dip is best served hot with some tortilla chips. I have also used the leftovers spread on toast and then broiled – it tastes like a nacho garlic toast.
Joel and I ate all of this bean dip in less than 24 hours by ourselves. It’s just that good and I already want more. Luckily, it is ridiculously easy to make as it only involves 5 ingredients and hardly any time to prepare. In about half an hours time you will have a delicious snack ready to go for when the game starts, or when guests arrive.
Just be warned – it’s so good you may not want to share it.
If you make this easy cheesy black bean dip please let me know! Leave a comment below, rate it, post on the Zest & Simmer Facebook page or share photos on Instagram using the hashtag #zestandsimmer. I’d love to see it and I am always thrilled to hear from you!
Pin it for later!
Easy Cheesy Black Bean Dip
- 1 14 oz can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese , softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup salsa (use your preferred spiciness)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend , divided
- Optional: cilantro, sliced jalapeno, chopped green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, use a fork to mash roughly half the black beans. Add in sour cream, cream cheese, salsa and 1 cup of the cheese and stir until well combined.
- Spread dip into an 8x8 baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese has melted and the dip is gently bubbling. Serve hot with tortilla chips.