Pizza is a weakness of mine.
I don’t think it’s just me. It’s probably a weakness of yours too. Who can resist the carby, cheesy goodness of pizza? Not me, that’s for sure.
I don’t easily get tired of pizza. Unless if it’s the same type of pizza or is ridiculously greasy I could probably eat it five days a week. Maybe six. The flavour combinations are ENDLESS. Red sauce, white sauce, pepperoni, chicken, peppers, spinach, simple, gourmet…. I could go on and on for another year or so.
When we order in pizza we usually get two different kinds because 1.) variety and 2.) leftovers! That’s another great thing about pizza: awesome leftovers. Plus when ordering two if we both can’t decide on one we both get to pick something we really want.
Well today I’ve made you Buffalo Chicken Pizza to show you how much I care about you eating delicious food. Also, it’s Monday so this will make your day better. It’s spicy, its loaded with cheese, and it’s already got the ranch sauce on it. No need for dipping!
This pizza has THREE cheeses. That’s right. Prepare to be in cheese heaven. (I’m sorry to those of you who are not Gorgonzola/blue cheese fans but it just goes SO WELL with buffalo sauce. Whatevs. Leave it off if you must.) It is the perfect balance of heat mixed with creamy ranch to tone it down a bit. No lies, I thought about this pizza for days before I actually made it. I had to make it happen.
I love how easy this was to make too. The ingredient list is pretty simple but the flavour is just amazing. Even with making my own homemade crust I would say this was simple. If you want to simplify it even further or are in more of a rush just use a store-bought crust and follow the cooking time instructions it says instead of the ones I have below.
Let’s go make some pizza!
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, post on the Zest & Simmer Facebook page or share photos on Instagram using the hashtag #zestandsimmer. I’d love to see it!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
prep time: 1 hr 20 minutes (if making homemade dough)
cook time: 20-25 minutes
For the Dough – Adapted from How Sweet It Is
- 1 1/8 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
For the Pizza
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl mix together the water, honey, yeast and olive oil and let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of the flour. The dough will come together but will still be sticky.
- Rub the (same) large bowl with olive oil, put the dough in the bowl and turn to coat. Cover with a towel and keep in a warm place to rise for 1 1/2 hours.
- Once the dough has risen punch it down, put back onto the floured surface and roll into desired shape. Place onto baking pan or round pizza pan, cover with the towel and let rise for 10 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix together the Frank’s sauce and ranch dressing. Spread 2/3 of the sauce mixture evenly over the pizza dough, setting aside the remaining 1/3.
- Spread all three cheeses evenly over the pizza, and then spread the red onion over it as well.
- Toss the diced chicken in the remaining Frank’s & ranch sauce mixture and spread evenly over pizza.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crusts are golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with the cilantro. Slice and serve immediately.
BRB, eating more pizza.